Monday, May 5, 2008

Remember when?

Do you remeber when I was BMCing (bitch, moan and complain for those of you who don't personally know me) about traveling nonstop and wanting down time? Well...be careful what you wish for. I've been home since the first week in April and I am BORED out of my everloving mind. I've also burned a weeks vacation and didn't go anywhere.

I HATE being on the beach (company term for no billing project) with nothing to do. Because it is not like being on vaca...at all. I've worked for consulting companies where if you didn't have a project you just had to check in for a couple of hours a day and they didn't care where you checked in from AND you still got paid. I used to frequently check in from the pool deck with a cold one when I was living in Atlanta. But now that I work for one of those uptight management consulting firms who also does tons of govie work, I have to account for ALL my hours. Never mind the 60+ hours I worked during my project, I have to have a charge number for every single hour of the week. And forgive me if I work quickly so what some other moron would take two days to do I usually get done in six hours. (Note to self: work on that concept or at least make it LOOK like it took longer. No need to set the bar that high). I'm ready to go back to work and the picture isn't very rosy right now. The only thing pulling me through is that I have boot camp every morning (will update after Thursday's body composition and yes, I'm a little afraid) and my annual family vaca at the wild and wonderful Myrtle Beach in 26 days! Which I'm brining both of my best girls on this year. I swear my family is going to make us get our own house next year. They have no idea what its like to have all three of us together for any length of time.

Back to BMC...I'm now starting to get a little worried that it might be time to start looking for a new job. I was complacent one time before and got the 'ol heave ho for my efforts. (Ok, it was 2001, Lucent Technologies and 55000 people also got the pink slip.) But still it was traumatic and it took me almost a year to find another job. There is NO WAY I can survive another go round like that.

Plus I swear my SO is about ready to ship me off for points unknown. This is the absolute most time we've spent together since we've known each other. And the condo is just not that big. LOL

Ok..I'm done BMCing, but I swear if something doesn't change soon, I'm going to get a second job just to have something to do.

No comments: