Monday, July 7, 2008

Family Drama

Now that you know about the "Big Night Out" at MB, let me tell you the fall out portion. So I've been home for about a month when I get an out of the blue email from Bill (names changed so I didn't get killed by my family) my 20 year old cousin's mother. And I quote
has a $740 charge on his credit card from the night y'all all went drinking together. He says he paid the tab for everyone. Did y'all go any place after Captain Poo's? The receipt does not say Captain Poo's. It says Dog Leg Left.
We are trying to deal with his wild spending, drinking and honesty issues. He is going to a counselor today. It would help if we had our facts together.


Now at this point I'm thinking Shit, Damn Fuck we're busted and she's pissed. The other co conspirators and I decide to let me address the email and I'll handle Bill's Mom (BM). I proceed to fudge the truth b/c at this time I'm still trying to NOT tell anyone where we went b/c I just don't want to deal with the drama associated with that. Suffice it to say the conversation went down hill from there. The high points of my eventual telephone conversation with BM were
  1. Bill didn't buy alcohol
  2. Bill is an adult and needs to take responsibility for his actions
  3. I have no guilt about going to a damn strip club b/c I'm of age and can make my own decisions
  4. And I did nothing to feel sorry for.
At which point I find out that the dumbass went back the next night BY HIMSELF and spent a freakin grand at the club. So I go back to the original theme of the conversation
  1. Bill is an adult and is responsible for his actions
  2. I'm sorry (no not for getting caught see point numbers three and four above) but that she is dealing with this
  3. Some people have to learn the hard way like 95% of my family including ME!
  4. He'll eventually grow up but only if he is held responsible for his own actions
WE hang up on good terms and I congratulate myself for the mature and responsible way I handled the phone call. And then proceed to convene a conference call with my girls to gossip and dissect the conversations. This is on Tuesday night

So I go back to work on Wed and it's all good until about 5:30 PM when I get this blast email that just about blows the top of my head off.
If you get a call from the Horry County Police Department, it is because I have filed charges against the Crazy Horse for selling $1740.00 worth of alcohol and etc. to my 20 year old son. Y'all might be called on as witnesses.
Thanks for your assistance!

WTF?!?!?! Oh great, this means that on top of not holding him accountable for his actions, you've drug me, Jamie and my best friend into an asinine police report that could at some point in the future impact all of us. I don't need to be tied up in a police report in which I could be held accountable for contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Again been there, done that, escaped by the skin of my teeth on that one. No charges, b/c I didn't do anything wrong but it could have gone so much more badly for me than it did.

Plus this just pissed me off and told me that BM did not listen to what I said and is still living in her safe little world where nothing is Bill's fucking fault. GROW UP! The dude went back a second night by himself to spend a thousand dollars on some cute little dancer named Jewel. And she was cute and sweet, but get real! How does this translate into a complaint against the Crazy Horse. He's allowed in there at 18 and can spend whatever amount he wants on lap dances. THEY NEVER SERVED HIM ALCOHOL!!!!! They are not going to risk their ABC liquor license on some dumb 20 year old punk who spent some money there. The Crazy Horse is a freaking institution in North Myrtle Beach, it's been there for as long as I can remember.

So I and the others decide to just ignore this email and not respond. But by now I realize I'm going to need to do damage control because I am 100% positive that this little episode has made the family airwaves and I need to talk to my parents to ensure that I don't get relegated back to the "Awful Child" list that I've managed to NOT be on in at least 6 years. :)

No comments: