Monday, February 11, 2008

Be careful what you wish for...

because you just might get it.

Holy crap what have I gotten myself into?!?! I BMC'd about working governtment and wanted to go back to commercial work. Ok. I put my trnasfer in, wham, bam thank you ma'am I'm transfered with a nice 10% raise. This is all good right? Right!? RIGHT?!?!?!?

Well...not exactly. I knew there would be days where I worked crappy hours and travel is part of the gig (I like this part for the most part), but holy crap I'm tired of working this many hours in a week. My days are minimum 10 hours and usually 12 -14. I'm working weekends and traveling and giving up parts of my life I don't want to.

I flipped out this weekend b/c I volunteered to be on Terri duty post surgery (my pleasure chica....love you!) but based on her previous surgery I expected her to be still drugged up until 7 PM again. But oh no, she has to get new doctors who don't over sedate her and bam she's out by 2 PM. WTF?!?! There goes my carefully laid plans for Friday. :) So I lost 5 hours on Friday that I ended up having to make up on Sunday. Too much work, too little time. My assessment raise better be HUGE. B/c unlike some people I'm not getting a bonus for all this work.

Bastards. Or maybe it's just PMS. Whatever, chocolate makes everything better. :)

No comments: