Thursday, September 13, 2007

The Rest of the Weekend

Sunday rolls around and we decide to be slugs. I'm not sure we did anything that day. Until it was time to meet her parents and aunt and uncle for dinner at...drum roll please...The Dodging Duck. Where I know the beer is GOOD! Off we go, driving down I 10 and the mini tank starts acting a little funny. Because, as far as we know at this point, the rear passenger rim is bent all to hell and back. Which in my infinite wisdom decide to play stupid about and go "I don't know what happened to the tire". Swiss Miss isn't going along yet, but this is pre beer. I'll keep working on her.

Dinner was strained, I stepped in at LEAST two different piles of family shit b/c I didn't see it and the warning kick from chica was WAY late in comng. Oh well, I have beer and stuffed mushrooms, I'm happy. :) Time to leave, I'm driving and we decide to have a smoky treat before we leave. Standing around the passenger side of the mini tank and HOLY SHIT did she screw up that truck. Front rim has scrapes, entire passenger side doors have holes and scrapes and the rear tire rim looks WAY worse during the day. No way we can do the dumb blonde routine on this one. AND the stupid traction control lights are coming on as I drive home. This is going to require another insurance claim and a rental mini tank return. Woosh...there goes another $500.

Suffice it to say, we decide to stay home and drink from the kegerator (while its still in her possession) on Monday. No biggie. And the hits keep on coming on Monday. Wake up, drink coffee, go potty, and the water softener blows up. ITS LABOR DAY!!! That's going to cost big bucks!!! Meanwhile realtors are calling and want to show the house. Ok...come on in, ignore the plumbers that cost a ton and excuse the fact that we have pitchers of beer and haven't showered yet today. Stay up wind...it doesn't smell as bad that way. :)

Plumbers = $550
Lease water softenener = $300
Insurance Claim = $500

Total is now up to roughly $2300. I got off cheap with my ticket and my first class upgrade. So aside from the monetary outlays, it was a great weekend. Beer, conversations, movies, good food, a little housework, a little talking someone off the ledge a couple of times and one hell of hangover on Tuesday. Yep, all in all a good weekend for me. :)

2 comments:

misrology said...

very good blog
Greetings from Egypt
RAMADAN KAREM
BYE

Terri: said...

oooohhhh -- you're getting stalked -- all the way from Egypt too!

I would write more -- but you already told me all of this over the phone. :)