Sunday, December 30, 2007

Calling all elves

I get woken up on Saturday morning before Christams with a phone call from my father singing "Calling all elves, calling all elves, Santa is calling all elves".
Me: "Dad this elf isn't driving home until tomorrow."
Dad: "Oh...Ok. I guess I'm getting a DVD player for Christmas."
Me: still waking up pre coffee "Huh?!? What are you talking about?" (and yes he was getting a DVD player for Christmas b/c his POS is dying)
Dad: "UPS delivered a DVD player from Circuit City guess that's mine."
Me: cursing the stupidity of Circuit City NOT placing the DVD box in another box before shipping "Dad, I'll be home tomorrow, go take a pain pill and put Mom on the phone".

Mom, keep him out of the closet and go count boxes so I know if I'm missing any. There should be at least 9 but 2 may be showing up Christmas eve. Call me back if any are missing. I'm going to go run all the errands I need to before packing up tonight and leaving tomorrow.

I proceed to hang up with my family and go run the nine thousand errands that haven't been taken care of because I've been in NY for the last month. This includes getting my hair done, picking up and dropping off dry cleaning, buying duplicates of all my toiletries so I can leave a set in NY so I can whiz through airport screening every week, buying last minute Christmas presents and organizing everything so I can fit it in my car before heading back to South Carolina for Christmas.

I love the f'ing holidays.

No comments: