Wednesday, December 19, 2007

This is your brain on drugs (part deux)

I love my father. I really really do, but sometimes I wonder what planet he is on.

So Christmas is quickly approaching and for once, my family actually put lists together of things they might want for Christmas. Mind you, no one on the Christmas list is under 25 so the requests tend to get a little larger as we get older. My BIG wish gift was a new watch. I put some other items on the list that were way less expensive as well b/c I wanted everyone to have options and not feel obligated to spend lots of $$$ on presents.

Ok...now that we've set the stage (and keeping in mind my father is on drugs right now) this is what I've found out about Christmas so far this year.
Mom - used Yukon Denali ~ 25K
Bro - new rifle ~ no clue but it can't be cheap
Me - new watch ~ according to Terri they are spending some cash

So my mother and I are convinced that when the painkillers wear off he's going to look in the garage and say Where the F*$K did that Yukon come from and why is it in our garage?. And once he's done freaking out about that he's going to wonder where the hell all the $$$ in the bank account went.

Mom and I have agreed we aren't giving our presents back. She's been trying to reign in the spending and getting nowhere. Because Dad "Can do what he wants"

No way, no how am I giving that watch back.

Unless its ugly. At which point I'll blame Terri b/c he enlisted her help in picking it out.

2 comments:

Terri: said...

hey now! you can't blame me if you don't like the watch. i only gave my opinion on which one i liked -- he's got a mind of his own. well -- you should know that by now!

travelin' girl said...

Yeah, but his mind is clouded by drugs. He's almost as entertaining as you are on painkillers. "Welcome to McDonald's may I take you order?"